Log in

Argon Zone

Question: If a massive nuclear war broke out where would be the safest place to go?

Asked by tomg44 to Charlie, Eoin, Jemma, Julian, Steve on 21 Mar 2011.

Keywords: , , , ,

0Short link http://ias.im/30.1200 | Comment on this question

• Photo: Julian RaynerJulian Rayner answered on 17 Mar 2011:

To the White House or Houses of Parliament. Aren’t they supposed to have some super cool bunker under them to protect all the politicians, who are obviously the people we would want to keep alive in the event of a nuclear war?

2

• Photo: Stephen MossStephen Moss answered on 17 Mar 2011:

Hi Tomg44

In a massive nuclear war there would be probably be no safe place. You could hide underground for a while to escape the explosions and radiation, but when you eventually had to emerge you’d probably find a lifeless planet that was virtually uninhabitable.

1

• Photo: Eoin LetticeEoin Lettice answered on 17 Mar 2011:

Hi tomg44,
    Maybe the best place to be would be into space?? But I suppose you couldn’t stay there for very long.
    Thankfully, a nuclear war is unlikely to happen so I think we’ll be safe enough where we are!

Eoin

1

• Photo: Charlie RyanCharlie Ryan answered on 20 Mar 2011:

hi tom again! I don’t know really, maybe a deep hole in the ground!! I live in london so i guess i’d try to get into the tube tunnels, that might be pretty safe!

0

• Photo: Jemma RansomJemma Ransom answered on 21 Mar 2011:

I think underground is the safest place if the Hollywood disaster movies are anything to go by. Either that or a nuclear fallout shelter made of something like lead through which the radiation cannot penetrate…

0